Functional Medicine is a proactive, participatory model where you are in control of your health and healing. There are no quick fixes, and no one-size-fits-all treatments. We find the root causes of your issues, and then support and guide you on your journey to optimal health.
Functional Medicine is an evolution in the practice of medicine that better addresses the healthcare needs of the 21st century. By shifting the traditional disease-centered focus of medical practice to a more patient-centered approach, functional medicine addresses the whole person, not just an isolated set of symptoms. Functional Medicine practitioners spend time with their patients, listening to their histories and looking at the interactions among genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors that can influence long-term health and complex, chronic disease. In this way, Functional Medicine supports the unique expression of health and vitality for each individual.
- Functional Medicine offers a powerful new operating system and clinical model for assessment, treatment, and prevention of chronic disease to replace the outdated and ineffective acute care models carried forward from the 20th century.
- Functional Medicine incorporates the latest in genetic science, systems biology, and understanding of how environmental and lifestyle factors influence the emergence and progression of disease.
- Functional Medicine enables physicians and other health professionals to practice proactive, predictive, personalized medicine and empowers patients to take an active role in their own health.
How is Functional Medicine Different from Conventional Medicine?
- Health oriented
- Patient centered
- Biochemical individuality
- Cost Effective
- Looks at underlying cause of disease
- Preventative approach
- High touch / high tech
- Disease oriented
- Doctor centered
- Everyone is treated the same way
- Diagnosis based on symptoms
- Early detection of disease
- High tech